Birds from San Diego Zoo and San Diego Safari Park
Monkey’s at the San Diego Zoo
Are you expecting your first baby? Are you a new mom, experiencing the whirlwind of new and exciting activities that a new baby brings into your life? Maybe you relate with this commercial?
Along with the title of mom come many titles, as this blog points out, with 52 titles for mom. But one title it does not include is family historian. However from the moment you first found out you were going to be a mom, you held in your memories the story of your child.
There are many ways a mom has to share their children’s stories. In the past mom’s may of kept a Journal, a scrapbook or a baby book telling all the exciting events, stories and new things their baby did. They saved keepsakes like birth announcements, baby’s hair, or their baby’s hospital bracelet to put in these scrapbooks or baby books.
Another way parents save their stories is with pictures and movies. Mom or dad’s take pictures and video of special events in their child’s life. In the past all the pictures were printed before you saw them, so placing them in a scrapbook or photo album was part of the picture experience.
What about today? Some mom’s may still be doing the traditional baby books. But life is busy! Days, weeks or months may go by with not entering information in a book. Here are some other ways mom’s and dads have shared their baby stories.
Pictures with the phones: about 80% of pictures and video are taken with our cell phone. It makes sense since we always have our phones with us. Many parents capture their baby stories with their phone. They videotape clips of their baby saying their first word or taking their first step by grabbing the phone and capturing the experience. They then may share it online through social media sites, or by sending a text to friends. Notice how one father captured the first year of his baby on video and created this short video on you tube.
We share our lives on social media, as the recent app on Facebook showed. It created an instant video of your personal history on Facebook. Many were touched by these videos. Social media has become the standard way for families to share their stories as they happen.
With the use of social media and digital cameras people have become more creative with how they share their baby pictures too. Notice these pictures that were created to announce to friends that they are pregnant. Here is another example of how mom and dads have recorded their baby’s first year progress in pictures.
Although social media can be good for instant sharing, creating a tangible product for your baby to keep their stories is important. With social media your stories could be gone tomorrow if your social media account went down. Keeping your pictures and video on your phone or computer is not much better. Digital files need to be organized and stored for your child to enjoy their stories as they grow up. Helping parents create and save their stories is the reason why Tears of Joy Video created their Babies First Year Packages.
With our special package you get a video, book and poster of all your pictures and video clips you have taken from the time you first found out your were pregnant till your babies first birthday. Your stories and details can be added in the book and video to tell the special events that happened in your baby’s life. You can even use the updates you share on Facebook to place in the video or book. Notice how we did this for one mom on video and another in a book. See our website for our special Babies First Year Package with pricing. What type of pictures, video and stories should you include in you video? Notice this detailed list with instructions on creating your video.
If you are pregnant now, notice our package that allows you to create as you go. This is created for busy moms. With this package you upload your pictures, video clips and stories each month and we create a video and/or book for you. Each month you can watch the progress of your project on a private web link as we create it for you. At the end of your baby’s first year we send you the video on DVD and/or printed book.
Tears of Joy Video has just made is easier for you to fulfill your job as family historian. Your baby memories will be saved of your baby’s first year with this video and book, a keepsake that will be enjoyed forever.
We started off the new year visiting the San Diego Safari Park and we got to do something different this time. We went on a special safari that got you up close to the animals and allowed you to feed them. The following are some of our pictures.
The park was displaying this baby Giraffe for the first time. He was only one month old
We also fed the Rhino’s apples
Earlier in the day we were able to feed the Lorikeets
We were able to visit the lions and two little lion cubs that were just born. The mama lion rejected them, so they are being hand fed.
Here are some other animals we were able to see
The Grounds were beautiful and we were able to see a beautiful sunset
These are some of our favorite photographs taken by Tears of Joy Video and Photography in 2013
Many people around this time of year send out a end of year letter or “Christmas letter”. Why not send them a digital video card instead. Here is an example of a digital Video card you can make with Tears of Joy Video. Take your pictures and video clips and send them to us and we can create a digital video card like this to share with your family and friends.
http://tearsofjoyvideo.com Beautiful Laguna Beach
Today our website http://tearsofjoyvideo.com got a new look. It has been the same look for a number of years, and it was in need of updating. For one thing, many of the videos posted could not be played on Iphone and Ipads and since many people these days are using these means to search the web, we thought it was important to have at least the main pages compatible for these means.
Since we were already making these changes, we decided to completely revamp it. Here is a list of the things that has changed.
1) The pictures and video. As already stated, the videos have changed to be able to play on all devices. We also have added a few new videos to our site. We have changed out the pictures. Now all pictures on our site are personally created by us.
2) Packages. We have new packages and with that new pricing. We have also streamlined the site to make organizing and ordering your product a lot easier. Prices are basically the same, but now you are not pigeon holed into a number of pictures. You can choose the one that suits your needs and then add as many or as few pictures, songs, titles and video clips you want to create your video.
3) Photo book creation pricing has also changed and has been streamlined for easy ordering.
4) We added a new product called Digital greeting card montage. This allows you to have us create small video message to a digital video download that you can either send by email or load on to personal devices to send a greeting for a special occasion, or just to say hi or I love you.
5) Some items that were hidden on the site before are now easily accessible, like our scanning, and transfer services and our slide art. We have also added a products section, which in the coming months will list products we are creating from our own video and pictures for sale to the public.
6) Photography-We still offer photography in our area, but we are only doing portraits, no event photography.
7) Biography videos. We have created a simple, low cost way to turn your video montage into a biography video, either by you filming it yourself with our instruction or in the San Diego and surrounding areas, we can come out and film your interviews.
8) We have highlighted our celebration of life/memorial packages into their own private section.
Take a look at the site and for those who have been on our site before, give us your input as to what you think. If you have any suggestions on other ways we can improve, or anything that is unclear in what you read, please give us feed back here.
If you live in the USA and know someone who would like to have a video created, we would appreciate you letting them know about our site. Our videos make excellent gifts for family and friends.