Do you have a wedding coming up? Do you know someone who is getting married? Tears of Joy Video would be happy to create a video slide show or montage for your special day. Let us give you some ideas of what you could do to create your special video.
The first step is creating a theme, what type of message would you like to convey? Most couples like to use pictures of the bride growing up and then the groom growing up. Then they have pictures of the couple together. If pictures or video was taken of the engagement, this is a nice thing to add into the video to tell your story. That is the standard video you have probably seen at a wedding. But here are a few more idea’s you might like:
1) If you are creating a blended family you could include pictures of your children and any other family members that are blending in with the new family.
2) You could do a “Harry met Sally” type of video and interview friends and family with how they met and then go into featuring your own love story. If you live in the southern California area, we can arrange for a professional videographer to video tape your interviews.
3) The bride and groom could surprise each other with their Top 10 reasons why they fell in love with the person. Each reason should have one or two pictures to go with it. Each could prepare this on their own and then they can see the results of both together at the wedding.
4) Family members could create a video with pictures and titles and/or video that includes advice to the couple on how to have a happy marriage.
5) You may want to hire a professional photographer to take some engagement pictures. If you live in southern California we can provide one for you. Then you take these pictures with quotes on love or marriage and create a slide show. A great place to find quotes to use is at lovingyou.com
6) You could write a poem about your relationship. Read the poem on a videotape and then we can use that audio as the narration with pictures to tell your love story.
7) You could tell a story with pictures and titles of what lead up to the couple meeting and falling in love.
If you are reading this and have any more ideas not mentioned here, share them in the comments and give some great ideas for future brides and grooms.
In coming up with a theme, the main thing is to keep in mind that you’re creating a video to share your love story with your friends and family.
You can find out the best way to organize your pictures and clips for your video. Take time to print out the project planner and order form and fill them out to go with your pictures. After you have everything together you will know how big the project is. Go to: http://www.tearsofjoyvideo.com/pricing.html to locate the package your project falls into. If you need help in figuring out pricing you can call us at (877) 887-8658.
When would you show this video? Most people like to show this at the reception. It is usually played right after dinner, before the first dance. But this is not a hard a fast rule. Here are some other ideas of what you can do with these videos. You could have a small TV play it in a corner where there is seating, and just have it keep repeating through out the evening for guest who would like to watch it. You could show it with close friends and family at the rehearsal dinner. If your family is planning an engagement party, you could create a video to be shown here. Here is something else you could do. You could make a number of copies and hand them out as party favors. For large quantity of copies we can work with you on cost.
You could also use these videos after the wedding. You could add a few wedding photos to your video and we can create them as a web link you can send out in your email. Send them out to all the friends and family who were not able to attend the wedding. It can give them the feeling of being there. At the wedding collect everyone’s email address with your guest book and after the wedding use the email web link as a thank you card for your gifts. Send an email with a short note and the video attached. This saves on printing and postage, and it is far faster that filling out thank you cards. Plus is saves the trees! You can even use the video email as an engagement announcement before the wedding. You could use one or a combination of these ideas to create a special video montage. We here at Tears of Joy Video will work with you every step of the way to help you create a video that will bring your audience to tears of joy.
We would be glad to help you with a video no matter where you live in the US. If you live outside of Southern California you can send your pictures and video by mail and we can talk all the details out by our toll free number and email. If you live in southern California we can also provide professional photography and video service upon request.
If you are looking for a wedding photographer or videographer, we have number we could recommend to you in this area. I will provide a list of them below.
For more information go to: http://tearsofjoyvideo.com